The Questions listed below were provided by Moshe Steinberg, of Yad Vashem, Israel. They are a selection of the Questions that are sometimes put to Holocaust Survivors, they are in no particular order and are not designed to be definitive.
1. Did you lose hope during the Holocaust?
2. What is your attitude toward God and religion?
3. Have you returned to your hometown and your house since you were liberated
4. Did you tell your children? If not – why ?
5. What didn’t you tell your children ?
6. Why did you keep silent all those years?
7. Doesn’t talking bring back memories?
8. Do you feel different from other people or the same?
9. Why didn’t your parents take the whole family and escape?
10. If you couldn’t have done anything in order to escape how is it that you survived?
11. What is your attitude toward the Arabs?
12. What do you feel today toward the Germans?
13. What were you lacking most in the camps?.
14. During the Holocaust what did you think of doing after the War?
15. What did you feel at liberation?
16. Do you dream sometimes about the things that happened to you?
17. What is the most awful thing that happened to you?
18. Did the Jews help each other during the Holocaust?
19. What helped you most during the Holocaust?
20. During the years does dealing with memories become easier?
21. Is there anything you regret doing during the Holocaust?
22. Did anyone help you during the Holocaust?
23. What scares you most now?
24. Did the Holocaust change you as a person?
25. Were you afraid during the Holocaust?
26. What did you feel during the Holocaust?
27. What did you dream about at night during the Holocaust?
28. Have you met neighbours/classmates after the Holocaust?
29. Are you still looking for your siblings?
30. Have you met anyone that does not believe your story?
31. What is your attitude toward deniers of the Holocaust?
32. What do you feel about Switzerland and the Jewish gold?
33. What is your personal moral of the Holocaust?
34. Why were the Jews hated so much?
35. Can you explain the fact that such a civilized nation destroyed human beings?
36. Did you keep the dietary laws during the Holocaust?
37. Are your children different from other children?
38. What happens to you during Holocaust Remembrance Day?
39. Is there a God?