Posted by foxburg on 01/12/2013
I have only just found out about EdComs Teachers. (http://www.edcomsteachers.com)
The EdComs Teachers website offers free, high quality resources and ideas for lessons across a full range of subject areas for both primary and secondary schools. All the free resources are produced in collaboration with teachers and linked to the UK curricula.
The site looks relatively new, as the resources are still low in quantity, but that said the direction of the site is impressive, the resources promoted are not the usual classroom worksheets and powerpoints that are provided by some sites (yes TES I am taking about you), they are the ideas which stimulate us to make the small adjustments to the way we teach and the resources we use; something that experiences teachers find useful.
It appears that teachers that register can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Access to free online activities, videos, lesson plans, educational games and worksheets
- Access to Special guest blogs
- entry to focussed Competitions
· Priority for getting your school on free school live tours
· Automatic entry to the EdComs Teachers monthly £50 Amazon voucher prize draw!
I think that this will be a useful addition to my list of resource websites, maybe not a go to every week site at the moment, but I feel sure some little gems may fall into my twitter feed that will encourage me to think differently.